Attend the 2020 NC Farm School
Realize the dream of owning your own farm!!
- Marketing, budgeting, finance, risk management, and farm production training tailored to your goals
- One-on-one business consultations with NC State University Specialist
- Continued events and relationships to help you develop your business beyond 2019 NC Farm School
- Access to farming resources developed in our program exclusively for NCFS Students
- Relationships with Extension agents in your county connecting you to valuable resources.
The NC Farm School program offers eight business-planning seminars taught by an Extension specialist and experienced agent. These sessions give students the tools to match a crop or animal operation to their current goals, land resources, and marketing opportunities. The school is easy to fit into a busy schedule by providing evening classes every other week from 6–9 p.m. that focus on different areas of agricultural business. Classes cover practical steps in goal setting, resource assessment, financial management, and effective marketing strategies. The goal of NC Farm School is to allow a pathway of success for farmers to generate successful businesses.
The program also includes field trips to working farms, many of which completed our program and operate successful farms. Participants learn economically sustainable farming methods in a range of production systems, including fruits, vegetables, specialty crops, poultry, animal husbandry, and agritourism.
For more information on the 2020 NC Farm School please check out the link below: