December Garden Tips
Plants in Flower
- Witch Hazel
- Indoors: Amaryllis, Cyclamen, Poinsettia
Plants with Colorful Berries
- American Beautyberry, Burford Holly, Chinese Holly, Foster Holly, Nellie R. Stevens Holly, Nandina, Pyracantha, and Washington Hawthorn.
- Prune berry producing plants if berries are desired in table arrangements over the holidays.
- Remove “weed” or undesirable trees from your landscape.
- Keep tree leaves from collecting on your lawn.
- Put pine needles or wheat/barley straw over your strawberry plants.
- Greenery will last longer if sprayed with an antitranspirant.
- Keep your cut Christmas tree in water throughout the holiday season.
- Order fruit trees and grape vines for February or March planting, if not already done