This event has already ended.
4-H Gingerbread Houses Due for Contest 376 1st Ave SW, Taylorsville, NC 28681, USA 376 1st Ave SW, Taylorsville, NC 28681, USA Alexander County Center 5 months ago
Description: (competitors must be ages 5-18)
- Gingerbread house entries must be brought to the Alexander 4-H Center by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, December 11th.
- Entries may be picked up beginning Wednesday, December 12th at noon and must be picked up by noon on Thursday, December 13th.
- Entries may be placed on a base not more than 20”x20”, and cannot exceed 2ft in height.
- NO decorations (icing, candy, etc.) may be placed on the side of the base.
- The ENTIRE display except the base must be made of edible materials (Styrofoam or other support materials are not permitted). Edible items could include: gingerbread, graham crackers, icing, candies, nuts, cereal, etc. No items should be in a wrapper, stick, or non-edible material. Structures could be but are not limited to: house, barn, birdhouse, doghouse or lighthouse.
- Entries will be judged on creativity, originality, decorating detail, and theme in the following age categories: 8–under, 9-13, 14-18 years old.
- Prizes for each category: 1st place-$15 4-H Scholarship, 2nd place-$10 4-H Scholarship.
Dec 11 2018